Ever came across a person who does not like the taste of smoked chicken breast recipes? The very name is enough to make your mouth water. Not only tasty but also healthy food for you as it is rich in protein and low in calories and fat. If you are a meat lover but do not want to gain weight and lose your health, chicken is the best option for you.
Smoked chicken breasts are good on their own but can also be served with several other dishes as well or even salads. Although chicken alone tastes very delicious even if cooked following a simple recipe when smoked perfectly, it becomes a dish worth repeating. Smoked chicken is the most desired chicken dish all around due to the rich flavors and easy to make the recipes.
Considering their taste, health benefits, and fun, why should we not try to smoke some chicken breasts in electric smoker? For this, I have brought you four chicken breast smoker recipes.
4 Chicken Breast Smoker Recipes
1. Easy Traeger Smoked Chicken Breast
Looking for easy chicken breast smoker recipes? This recipe is one you must try. You will not regret trying this delicate yet straightforward chicken recipe. Given below are the ingredients and directions for making the recipe.
- 4 Large Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 2 Tablespoons Brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Turbinado Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Paprika
- 2 Tablespoons Kosher salt
- 2 Tablespoons onion powder
- 2 Tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Celery Seed
- 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- First, pat chicken breasts dry and then pour some olive oil. Make sure to cover the pieces with oil from both sides fully.
- Take all the dry ingredients and mix them properly in another bowl. This is the rub mixture, and you can even add some extra spices if you like.
- Now rub this mixture onto the chicken breast pieces and make sure the mixture is evenly rubbed on both sides of the pieces and leaving no space un-marinated.
- Leave this marinated chicken in the refrigerator for a minimum of 15 minutes, and if you want the flavors to be absorbed more intensely, you can leave it for more 20 minutes. Thirty minutes is enough.
- Make sure to cover the plate with the plastic wrap to avoid bacterial growth.
- Now turn on the smoker and preheat it for about 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Once warmed up, place the chicken pieces on the grill and cook it for about 15 minutes from one side with the lid closed.
- Now turn over the chicken and cook for another 12-13 minutes or until cooked with the lid closed.
- Once fully cooked, take your smoked chicken breast out of the smoker but before slicing or serving to cover it with aluminum foil and let it rest for around 2- 3 minutes. This will ensure the full-flavored taste.
2. Home Smoked Chicken Breast
The specialty of this recipe is in the making. The brine of the chicken is used to marinate the chicken breast pieces. This adds more flavor to the chicken and feels more natural. Also, for rub barbeque, spices and sauce are used, so the taste is smokey and spicy with a natural chicken flavor tint. Ingredients and directions are mentioned below.
Here you can read reviews of best masterbuilt electric smokers.
- 1/2 batch chicken brine
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup Bbq spices that can be homemade or you can buy from the store
- 1 cup Bbq sauce that too can be homemade or store-bought
- Put the chicken breast slices into the brine and let it sit in the fridge for almost 2 hours. Make sure to cover the bowl with plastic wrap or lid tightly.
- Now put out the chicken breast from the brine and dry completely.
- After drying, trickle some oil and then sprinkle the Bbq spices onto the pieces.
- Before placing it into the smoker, preheat the smoker to 250 degrees F.
- Once hot enough, place your chicken pieces into the smoker and tightly close the lid.
- Cook for a minimum of 1 hour and more if it’s not cooked.
- You can check the temperature by meat probe and remove the breasts from the smoker once the temperature of the thickest part of the chicken is at 165 degrees F.
- Now again, brush the chicken breast pieces with the Bbq sauce and smoke for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from the smoker and let sit for 5 minutes before serving in a foil.
- You can serve with the remaining Bbq sauce and enjoy the tasty yet simple smoked chicken breasts.
3. Smoked Boneless Chicken Breast
Looking for a juicy and smokey chicken feast, then this recipe will surely satisfy your tastebuds. The recipe is so good for serving your guests or family. This chicken breast smoker recipe is perfect for trying on picnics or weeknight suppers where you don’t want to put in the effort. The main dish is so easy to make as well. The following are the ingredients along with directions to make the dish.
- Four boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 Tablespoons of seasonings of your liking.
- Take some seasonings that you can easily buy from any utility store or prepare some seasonings at home with the spices and flavors you like. Mix them well in a bowl.
- Now take some olive oil and pour down on the chicken breast pieces. Rub the oil properly all over the pieces and set aside for 2-3 minutes.
- Now sprinkle the seasonings over the chicken piece and rub it as well. Make sure to cover the chicken piece properly with the rub.
- Now let it sit for some time before smoking.
- Preheat the smoke with smoke mode, and when warmed up, put the chicken breasts in the smoker for approximately 1 hour with the lid closed properly.
- With the meat-probe, keep track of the temperature of the meat and cook until the very internal part of the meat is at 1650 degrees F temperature.
- Now remove chicken from the smoker and cover with foil. Let it sit for 5 minutes for carryover cooking.
- Your smoked chicken breast is ready. Slice, serve, eat, and enjoy.
4. Smoked Maple Chipotle Chicken Breast
The smoked maple chipotle chicken breast is the best recipe to try if you are a foodie and love to create your own recipes while trying some new ingredients and methods. This recipe is unique with maple and chipotle; the taste just gets perfect. The following are the ingredients and the method for the preparation of the dish.
- 4-5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp chipotle powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- Take a bowl and mix in it chipotle powder, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper. Now mix it well until uniform appearance.
- Take the chicken breasts and tap dry them. Now Rub the mixture of the spices on it, making sure it is distributed all over the pieces.
- Now turn on the smoker and preheat it to about 250 degrees F.
- You can use any kind of wood for the flavoring you like the most. For example, maple wood or hickory, etc.
- Place the chicken breasts in the smoker and close the lid.
- Now brush the maple syrup over the breast pieces every specific interval of time and then let it cook under the heat.
- When the temperature inside the thickest part of the chicken breast reaches 165 degrees F, remove the pieces from the smoker.
- Brush with the maple syrup for the last time and let it sit for 2-3 minutes.
- Your dish is ready to serve!
Smoking boneless chicken is a sensitive task where if you are not paying proper attention, you will end up drying the chicken, which is definitely not appetizing. But on the other hand, it can be the best dish you will ever eat if keenly worked. The above-given dishes are a must-try chicken breast smoker recipes, and you will definitely love them. Best of luck with the cooking!