Are you a Sausage enthusiast and love to try new recipes out of smoked sausages? Now you can make some best recipes at home with a little effort.
Smoked Sausage Recipes are delicious yet very simple and easy to make. If you love Sausage as an afternoon snack and feel guilty in throwing away the leftovers, no problem now with these smoked recipes, you can use them in creating new and more appetizing dishes.
Impress your guests with some unique and tasteful recipes out of smoked sausages. It won’t only look appealing but tastes so yummy that your guests won’t have an option except to praise for your cooking expertise.
How to Make Sausage at home?
Making your own sausages at home is not that difficult. You only need to keep the ingredients and amount check. Making recipes out of sausages that you made at home is perfect for your next backyard party. Above all, the best thing about homemade sausages is that you can add whatever flavor you like the most. So, now you know each and every ingredient in your sausages.
You may dislike some of the flavorings in the sausages that you buy from the market, but with homemade sausages, this is not the case. You can add or skip the ingredients you don’t like or are allergic to. To prepare sausages at home, you must have some basic equipment used in the making of the sausages. You must have the right tools for the perfect outcome; otherwise, you will end up throwing up the food into the dustbin. You can also read our review on best electric smoker & best pellet grills on our blog.
Two basic apparatus you should have are a meat grinder and a sausage stuffer. Meat should be ground properly in the meat grinder to obtain the perfect texture and mixing. The same is the case with stuffer. If you do not use a stuffer, the appearance of your Sausage may not be that appealing.
Let’s get started making the perfect Sausage at home. The very basic recipe is given below.
- One handful of flavoring — pesto, roasted and chopped peppers, cheese, fresh herbs, dried or fresh fruit
- 3 tbsp sweetener (pure maple syrup, for example)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 lbs meat
To check the flavor, you can fry a little quantity without casing. Try to avoid extra spice, or the basic taste of the Sausage will be ruined. Keep the ratio well balanced and relatively add less amount of strong dried spices.
- Step 1: Cut the meat into smaller chunks that are easy to handle.
- Step 2: Now, partially freeze the meat and flavorings.
- Step 3: After freezing, now grind the meat into a fine mesh.
- Step 4: Once grinding is done, you can add all the spices according to your liking.
- Step 5: Now put the prepared mixture into the sausage stuffer and make sausages of the size you like.
- Step 6: Make links by twisting and to avoid un-twisting, twist each time in the opposite direction.
- Step 7: Now freeze the prepared sausages and cook whenever you feel the urge to eat smooth and yummy sausages.
How to smoke Sausage?
Things you require for perfect smoking of your sausages are given below;
- 2-1/2 pounds of Sausage.
- Water for the pan
- Mild wood chips, of flavor you like
- Aluminum foil to line the drip pan
- Meat thermometer to keep a check on the temperature of the meat
- Before cooking sausages allow the frozen sausages to cool to room temperature, take out of the fridge, and let sit for at least 20-30 mins.
- Turn the smoker on before putting sausages inside. Heat it up to 250 °F.
- Place water in the water pan and add the wood chips.
- You can cut the links and place the sausages in the smoker but make sure they don’t touch.
- Now let the sausage smoke for 2- 3 hours at a minimum of 165 degrees. Add water and wood chips after every set interval.
- Your smoked and flavorsome sausages are ready.
Smoked Sausage Recipes
You were wondering what to do with the smoked sausages? Well! Here is the suggestion. Although, you can enjoy the smokes sausages alone without any additional seasoning only with a sauce as a snack in the evening or whenever you feel cravings to eat something light and tasteful. But if you don’t want to eat the Sausage alone, you can make a lot of other delish dishes with smoked sausages. These smoked sausage recipes will surely be a treat for your tastebuds.
1. Creamy Sausage Pasta
The dish is just as amazing as easy it is to make. The recipe is quite easy and can be made in no time, along with the ingredients from your pantry, so you don’t need a lengthy ingredient list or book to make the recipe. Just fetch some ingredients already available at your home and start cooking the amazing pasta dish in a new style.
The creamy smoked pasta can be made in just 30 minutes of time, so you can enjoy the dish even if you are running out of time. On the weekends, it could be one of the best-smoked sausage recipes. The recipes need only a few ingredients and less effort. Given below are the basic ingredients of the creamy sausage pasta and the method.
- Smoked Sausage
- Cheddar cheese
- Whatever pasta you have lying around,
- Canned tomatoes
- Chicken stock, cream
- First, take pasta available at your home. You can take any kind of pasta you like.
- Now boil the pasta in a pan. For this, add some water in a bowl or pan and some salt to taste. Along with this, add some two tablespoons of olive oil or any other oil to avoid sticking of pasta. Now add raw pasta into the boiling water and let it boil for 20 mins and take off from the flame when it turns softer but not too soft.
- Once your pasta is boiled, take some olive oil in a pan and heat it.
- Now add onions and smoked sausages in the hot oil until it turns light brown i.e., for around 1- 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for a maximum of 30 seconds just to reduce the harsh smell of the garlic.
- Now add pasta and tomatoes to the mixture and stir properly so that the ingredients are evenly mixed. Along with this add cream and stock and further stir, allowing uniform distribution of ingredients and flavors throughout the recipe.
- Bring the mixture to boil, and when the mixture begins to boil, lower the flame and set it on simmering flame for almost about 15-20 minutes.
- Now, the recipe is almost ready, just sprinkle cheese how much you like after this put the lid again on and place it in the heat for more 5 minutes so that the cheese gets melt.
- Now garnish your dish with green onions to bring a more appealing and fresh look.
2. Smoked Sausage and Peppers with Rice
Smoked Sausage and peppers with rice is another easy made and quick recipe that you can try. On the days when you have a lot of other things to worry about, dinner or lunch won’t be a thing to stress about. Try this recipe and enjoy the real goodness of the perfect smoked sausage recipes. Given below are the ingret=sients list and the whole method.
- Two cloves garlic, minced
- Two medium bell peppers, sliced into strips (your favorite colors)
- 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- One medium yellow onion, diced
- 13 ounces smoked sausage, beef or pork, sliced into rounds
- 2 cups white rice
- 4 cups of chicken broth or water simple
- 1/2 teaspoon creole seasoning (if you don’t have this, 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper works too)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a pan, heat the oil on a medium flame until it’s well heated.
- When the oil turns hot, add the sausages into the oil in the pan and fry from both sides until it turns dark brown.
- Once browned, add garlic, onions, and bell peppers, furthermost fry them until the vegetables are soft i.e., for about 3-4 minutes.
- Once the mixture is ready to add rice and toast it slightly in the pan, after toasting, add the broth or water if you like and bring it to boil once boiled reduced the flame and let it sit on the low simmering. Cover it and let it cook for 20-30 minutes maximum until the rice is fully cooked.
- Take out the recipe and serve with some garnish of green onions or olives.
Concluding, the above-given recipes are only three simplest among the long list of delicious smoked sausages dishes, but you will definitely love them. These are must-try recipes and will require a little effort plus time. So, do try on the weekend to enjoy a tasteful weekend with your family.